Location: Atlanta, GA
The National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children fulfills society’s most fundamental obligation by making sure a qualified and compassionate adult will fight for and protect an abused or neglected child’s best interest. The mission of National CASA/GAL, together with its state and local members, is to support and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused or neglected child can be safe, establish permanence and have the opportunity to thrive. Today, only 45% of the abused or neglected children in the system have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer. The National CASA/GAL organization is committed to ensuring 100% of these children have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer.
Breaking New Ground
Starting in 2019, National CASA/GAL launched a multi-year campaign, “Change a Child’s Story”. The campaign is an integrated campaign designed to reach out to a wide range of constituent groups and was deployed across a wide spectrum of media. In addition to this campaign, National CASA/GAL has developed a new strategic framework that is informing and guiding our efforts through a major reorganization, development of a new business model, and a plan for the future direction of our organization, including the launching of a major capital campaign. The team that will drive these changes will be hands on leaders, critical thinkers and problem solvers, relationship builders, collaborative decision-makers, as well as effective communicators, and entrepreneurial and change leaders.
The Director of Network Training & Development will provide expertise, support, and leadership in the Training & Development Unit through planning, development, oversight and implementation of network training activities.
The Director of Network Training & Development will partner closely with the Training and Development Officer, Director of State Development, Training Associate, Director of Professional Development, network committees, and others, to ultimately achieve the goal of providing a CASA/GAL volunteer for every child in the foster care system. To accomplish this, the Director of Network Training & Development will work with and across all departments and stakeholders to establish plans, deliverables, and measurable objectives.
The Director of Network Training & Development will report directly to the Training and Development Officer.
- Design, create, develop and implement learning solutions to meet CASA/GAL network need, analyzing and selecting the most appropriate strategy, methodology and technology to maximize the learning experience and impact.
- Gather, organize and analyze information regarding the impact of learning solutions against key strategic initiatives using learning metrics and analytics to inform organizational decision making.
- Coordinate and oversee the revisions and updates of standardized training curricula; including coordination of the internal review process and contractor activities.
- Oversee the implementation, launch and ongoing management of the learning management system.
- Manage the policies, practices, quality delivery of pre-service training, to include the delivery of national pre-service training offerings.
- Develops a comprehensive training system to advance the work of the CASA/GAL Network.
- Design, implement and evaluate development of in service training and resource material for volunteer training, coaching and supervision.
- Design, implement and evaluate development of a certification of facilitator’s protocol and process.
- Develop and oversee Training of Facilitator workshops and customized in person training as needed throughout the network.
- Manage knowledge and technical assistance tools and resources on the CASA/GAL Membership Portal.
- In coordination with the Director of Network Training and Development Operations, provide oversight and management of the webinar-based training program for Network staff and CASA/GAL volunteer advocates.
- Communicate training information, updates and opportunities to the CASA/GAL network.
- In collaboration with the Training and Development Officer, manage the budget for Training, ensuring all activities fall within approved yearly budget and adhere to budgetary guidelines and funder restrictions.
- Assist with Quality Assurance and Grant Monitoring activities as needed.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in adult learning training design and delivery, including curriculum development, on-line learning, web conferencing, podcasts, blended learning and evaluation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high-level presentation skills, in addition to excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a nonprofit, federated network preferred
- Expertise in volunteer training, recruitment, coaching, retention strongly desired
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying adult learning principles and methodologies
- In depth experience with multiple approaches and leading-edge technologies related to change, performance management, and talent management and leadership development initiatives.
- Strong program and project management skills
- Demonstrated evidence of strong facilitation skills to a variety of audiences
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically
- Confidence and comfort interacting with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience working across multiple offices
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally
- Some travel may be required
Salary and Benefits
National CASA/GAL offers a competitive salary, health and welfare benefits, and generous paid leave including vacation and sick leave. This is a full-time exempt position.
Adaptability ◦ Collaboration ◦ Integrity ◦ Respect ◦ Quality ◦ Service ◦ Stewardship
National CASA/GAL is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with additional offices in Washington D.C. and Atlanta, Georgia, and is committed to an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. National CASA/GAL has been certified by the Standards for Excellence Institute for ethics and accountability in the nonprofit sector.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line of Director of Network Training and Development.
National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children
100 WEST HARRISON, NORTH TOWER, SUITE 500, SEATTLE, WA 98119
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER