Location: Atlanta, GA
The National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children fulfills society’s most fundamental obligation by making sure a qualified and compassionate adult will fight for and protect an abused or neglected child’s best interest. The mission of National CASA/GAL, together with its state and local members, is to support and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused or neglected child can be safe, establish permanence and have the opportunity to thrive. Today, only 40% of the abused or neglected children in the system have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer. The National CASA/GAL organization is committed to ensuring 100% of these children have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer.
Breaking New Ground
Starting in 2019, National CASA/GAL launched a multi-year campaign, “Change a Child’s Story”. The campaign is an integrated campaign designed to reach out to a wide range of constituent groups and was deployed across a wide spectrum of media. In addition to this campaign, National CASA/GAL has developed a new strategic framework that is informing and guiding our efforts through a major reorganization, development of a new business model, and a plan for the future direction of our organization, including the launching of a major capital campaign. The team that will drive these changes will be hands on leaders, critical thinkers and problem solvers, relationship builders, collaborative decision-makers, as well as effective communicators, and entrepreneurial and change leaders.
The Director of Membership and Network Support Services is responsible for the management and coordination of the membership and membership renewal process and member services to state and local CASA/GAL organizations including in the areas of membership benefits, network communications’ support, inquiries, complaints and the delivery of other support and services to member programs. The Director also serves as the lead on establishing, policies, procedures and systems that create smooth administration of our day-to day work at National CASA/GAL on behalf of the network and our work with, in and through the network. The Director also serves as the internal expert on the customer relationship management (CRM) system and is responsible for developing policies and procedures around the CRM and assuring proper use. This effort is done and managed in partnership with the Director of Data Quality and Integrity. The Director manages the technical assistance reporting system and ensures that National CASA/GAL staff members have the tools, protocol and procedures needed to adequately record support the CASA/GAL Network.
The Director will also partner closely and other operations staff to provide assistance and support that leads to the highest level of structured processes, procedures and policies. To accomplish this, the Director will work with and across all departments and stakeholders to ensure adherence to network support systems, processes and to ensure compliance. The Director will also serve in a back-up support role to grants administration, network communications, etc.
- Leads the continued development of the member services unit and service to the CASA/GAL Programs
- Serves as the organizational subject matter expert on member programs and changes in membership status, etc.
- Reports and coordinates quality and accountability issues with the Quality and Accountability functional team.
- Manages the Network Background Check Program and works closely with vendors providing background check to programs.
- Helps determine and implement the customer service strategy of the organization including setting standards for service to member programs
- Supports organizational efforts in follow-up with local programs to ensure reports, membership dues and quality standard requirements are met as required.
- Provides leadership to and coordination of member services, including support for new program start-up, membership, grants processing, responding to complaints and inquiries
- Collaborates with other staff to identify needs, develop, evaluate, and adapt goals, objectives, and priorities for providing technical support and services for member programs
- Coordinates the work of all Associates that work with and interface with the network
- Serves as a trainer and facilitator for training related to member services and other
- Serve as the organizational expert on the CRM including developing policies and procedures for use of the CRM as well as training to assure optimal use
- Ensures the updating of program contact information and can run program data reports as required
- Supervise staff responsible for providing support to member programs; particularly in program services, network development and planning, research and analysis
- Other duties as assigned or may be necessary
- Manages the menu of services that national casa provides to the network and develops the format for functional areas to provide those services in a consistent and coordinated effort.
- Manages the membership and general network tools and information on the CASA/GAL Member Portal
- Provide telephone, written and electronic technical assistance to member programs
- Organizes, supports and manages the Network Affinity and Community Calls
- Serves as a back-up for network news and information dissemination.
- Prepares member information needed to build and support the fact-base development process for the Highly Effective Review Process and local program quality review process.
- Manages the membership renewal process and coordinates in partnership with the Director of Program Data Information and Quality the collection of membership renewal documents and materials and prepares reports and analysis on collected information to support compliance, quality and accountability.
- Maintains membership profiles in the CRM and inputs updates to member information timely and as required to ensure high quality, accurate information on each member program.
- Manages and coordinates the membership process to include the setup of profiles and accounts for new member programs, welcoming new member programs, and the onboarding of new member programs.
- Works in partnership with the Program Development and State Development Team to conduct onboarding and provide support to new network members.
- Supports the membership renewal process to include the quality review and analysis of data and information requested and received for compliance.
- Ensures timely and quality updates to member information in the CRM and providing reports as needed on membership information
- Keeps records and fact bases for member local programs and state organizations up to date and ensures the integrity and accuracy of information.
- Provides high-level administrative and strategic support to the functional area Chiefs
- Manages organization logistics to include support of the Associate Director of Logistics
- Manages the Network P-Drive folders and all network associated documents
- Manages conference and historical network, local program and state organization files and information.
- Manages documentation process to include record keeping, document signatures, approvals and process flows for network communications, tools etc.
- Develops reports, policy manuals, procedures and systems.
- Manages the internal webinar schedule to ensure that every network webinar is offered to the national CASA/GAL staff.
- Ensures all network communication is disseminated to each functional area to ensure organizational knowledge.
- Documents and records historical elements of the organization to include past events, milestones of the organization and organizes the 40 year report on the CASA/GAL Movement
- Manages all list serves, directories and contact information for the CASA/GAL Network
- Other duties as assigned or may be necessary
- Coordinates the work of all functional area associates to make sure that their efforts are aligned with the organizational priorities and are coordinating the flow of information within their functional cluster
- Ensures the development of goals for each Associate, and conducts monthly feedback sessions to ensure Associates are meeting expectations and receiving coaching and support needed to ensure their professional development
- Ensures quality communications, reports and outputs from each functional area through coordination by the functional area Associate.
- 5-7 years’ experience in related field demonstrating an understanding of the multiple issues involved in providing member services, association work, and/or customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in a non-profit or grant making organization
- Knowledge and experience with technology and databases
- Prefer experience with or knowledge of the work of the CASA/GAL network
- Effective management skills demonstrating team leadership, collaboration, individual initiative, and professional growth
- Ability to plan, organize, and carry out work independently, and to identify appropriate solutions to problem situations in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience successfully leading team
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with staff, and external constituents
- Demonstrate ability to embrace and exemplify organizational values.
- Work well under pressure and deadlines and be skilled in prioritizing responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, state and local program staff, and other supporters.
- Demonstrate a history of continuous improvement through professional development.
- Become a steward and ambassador for the CASA/GAL mission and brand.
Salary and Benefits
National CASA/GAL offers a competitive base salary plus benefits, generous paid leave, and work/life balance policies. This is a full-time exempt position.
Adaptability ◦ Collaboration ◦ Integrity ◦ Respect ◦ Quality ◦ Service ◦ Stewardship
National CASA/GAL is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with offices in Washington D.C. and Atlanta, GA, and is committed to an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. National CASA/GAL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading Director, Membership and Network Support Services.
National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children
100 WEST HARRISON, NORTH TOWER, SUITE 500, SEATTLE, WA 98119