Location: Atlanta, GA
The National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children fulfills society’s most fundamental obligation by making sure a qualified and compassionate adult will work to protect the best interests of children who have experienced abuse or neglect. The mission of National CASA/GAL, together with its state and local members, is to support and promote court‐appointed volunteer advocacy so that every child who has experienced abuse or neglect can be safe, establish permanence and can thrive. Today, only 45% of the children in the system have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer. The National CASA/GAL organization is committed to ensuring 100% of these children have access to a CASA volunteer.
Breaking New Ground
Starting in 2019, National CASA/GAL launched a multi-year campaign, “Change a Child’s Story.” The campaign is an integrated campaign designed to reach out to a wide range of constituent groups and was deployed across a wide spectrum of media. In addition to this campaign, National CASA/GAL has developed a new strategic framework that is informing and guiding our efforts through a major reorganization, the development of a new business model, and a plan for the future direction of our organization, including the launching of a major capital campaign. The team that will drive these changes will be hands-on leaders, critical thinkers and problem solvers, relationship builders, collaborative decision-makers, as well as effective communicators, and entrepreneurial and change leaders.
The Director of Network and Facilitator Training will provide expertise, support, and leadership in the Network Development group through planning, oversight and implementation of network training activities.
The Director of Network and Facilitator Training will partner closely with the National Learning Officer, National CASA/GAL team members, network committees, and others. This position will work with and across all departments and stakeholders to establish plans, deliverables, and measurable objectives.
- Implement learning solutions to meet CASA/GAL network needs, analyzing and selecting the most appropriate strategy, methodology and technology to maximize the learning experience and impact.
- Work with the team to identify new opportunities to build solutions and creative learning experiences to engage training participants.
- Manage knowledge and technical assistance tools and resources on the CASA/GAL Membership Portal.
- Partner with the Network Communications team to communicate training information, updates and opportunities to the CASA/GAL network.
- Develop tools for professional development courses in collaboration with the National Training Officer.
- Manage the training budget, ensuring all activities fall within the approved yearly budget and adhering to budgetary guidelines and funder restrictions.
- Develop appropriate metrics and tracking mechanisms to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of training programs.
- Conduct and assess evaluations to identify areas of training and technical assistance improvement.
- Manage external vendors and partners.
Training of Facilitators
- Plan and schedule training sessions (venues, participant logistics, materials, communications, attendance, participant feedback, reporting, etc.) for the delivery of Training of Facilitator (TOF) workshops.
- Oversee and evaluate Training of Facilitator workshops and customized in-person training as needed throughout the network.
- Design and implement Master Training of the Facilitator Certification Program, including ongoing evaluation, tracking, and professional development of Certified Master Facilitators.
- Develop appropriate metrics and tracking/reporting mechanisms to build accountability, measure results, and optimize the impact of Master Training of the Facilitator Certification Program.
Learning Management System
- Act as one of the Learning Management System administrators to oversee the selection, implementation, launch and ongoing management of the National CASA/GAL learning management system.
- Work with vendors and Subject Matter Experts in the development of interactive multimedia courseware and troubleshoot problems reported by users.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in adult learning training design and delivery, including online learning, web conferencing, podcasts, blended learning and evaluation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and high-level presentation skills, in addition to excellent interpersonal skills.
- Is an excellent facilitator with a motivational, high-impact facilitation style.
- Experience working in a nonprofit, federated network is preferred.
- Expertise in volunteer training, recruitment, coaching, and retention is strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply adult learning principles and methodologies.
- In-depth experience with multiple approaches and leading-edge technologies related to change, performance management, talent management and leadership development initiatives.
- Strong program and project management skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong facilitation skills to a variety of audiences through both in-person and virtual modalities.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and SharePoint. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Skilled at prioritizing and working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments.
- Experience in innovative approaches to training delivery (eLearning, course facilitation, gamification, mobile, etc.)
- Confidence and comfort in interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working across multiple offices. Some travel may be required.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and foster relationships internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned.
Adaptability ◦ Collaboration ◦ Integrity ◦ Respect ◦ Quality ◦ Service ◦ Stewardship
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of Director of Network and Facilitator Training.
National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children
100 WEST HARRISON NORTH TOWER SUITE 500, SEATTLE, WA 98119
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER