Location: Atlanta, GA
The National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children fulfills society’s most fundamental obligation by making sure a qualified and compassionate adult will fight for and protect an abused or neglected child’s best interest. The mission of National CASA/GAL, together with its state and local members, is to support and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused or neglected child can be safe, establish permanence and have the opportunity to thrive. Today, only 40% of the abused or neglected children in the system have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer. The National CASA/GAL organization is committed to ensuring 100% of these children have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer.
Breaking New Ground
Starting in 2019, National CASA/GAL launched a multi-year campaign, “Change a Child’s Story”. The campaign is an integrated campaign designed to reach out to a wide range of constituent groups and was deployed across a wide spectrum of media. In addition to this campaign, National CASA/GAL has developed a new strategic framework that is informing and guiding our efforts through a major reorganization, development of a new business model, and a plan for the future direction of our organization, including the launching of a major capital campaign. The team that will drive these changes will be hands on leaders, critical thinkers and problem solvers, relationship builders, collaborative decision-makers, as well as effective communicators, and entrepreneurial and change leaders.
To develop and implement strategic marketing plans for the CASA/GAL Association in alignment with strategic plan and annual operating goals. Responsible for communications activities directly related to donor communications, direct mail campaigns, marketing, programs, research, marketing materials, advertising, brand management, stakeholder communications, direct mail, vendor relations (as related to marketing and communications activities), marketing campaigns, and social media management.
- This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and supervises the Digital Media Specialist, Graphic Designer, Director of Communications
- Works closely with the Stakeholder Engagement Officer.
- Leads an integrated marketing strategy that effectively engages and compels prospective supporters and advocates to engage in and support the CASA/GAL mission.
- Lead the development of a sustained online communications and marketing strategy and plan to communicate brand identity to achieve annual goals and objectives and appeal to statewide, external key stakeholders (donors, foundations, grantees, nonprofits, policy makers, opinion leaders, and general public).
- Create marketing materials, including (but not limited to) Impact Report (annual); cultivation and communication pieces tailored for specific segments of major and institutional donors and other stakeholders; research and other campaigns.
- Conducts marketing research to identify trends and efforts that gain insight into donor interest and volunteer engagement reasons and uses research to develop marketing strategies.
- Manages national marketing campaigns
- Oversee development and maintenance of digital communications (website, social media) to ensure key messaging is consistent and aligned with annual strategic marketing and communications plan.
- Coordinate with resource development and stakeholder engagement functions to create annual, synergistic external communications that informs and engages supporters and donors
- Lead the strategy and development of national campaigns that increase the awareness of the mission, engage perspective volunteers and supports and aligns marketing efforts in the CASA/GAL Network.
- Establishes and manages corporate partnerships
- Lead the procurement efforts to engage marketing consultancy support for branding and public awareness campaigns.
- Works with media buyers to ensure the placement of advertisement in alignment with national awareness and volunteer recruitment campaigns.
- Develop key messages to establish and maintain corporate branding.
- Develops a marketing campaign that builds excitement and participation in the CASA/GAL Annual Conference and National Events.
- Manages the production of the CASA/GAL conference and plenary session to include creation of program flow, keynote speaker, scripts, photography, promotions, invites and technology.
- Leads the marketing strategy to increase participation in the national virtual walk/run event.
- Review and revise (as needed) all written documents prior to external release to maintain and protect the voice, brand and reputation of the CASA/GAL Association.
- Build broad awareness among key influencers and major donors of the important work the CASA/GAL network is doing, with a focus on impact, to change public policy, support grantees’ work, and increase donations.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to support key initiatives and programs to include Fostering Futures, key focus areas.
- Support Development with creation of inspiring donation appeals, promotion of donor advised funds, planned giving opportunities, and other opportunities identified annually.
- Develop a CASA Ambassador Program and annual individual membership drive.
- Develops a National Corporate Partnership program that supports sponsorships and cause related marketing efforts and employee engagement.
- Analyze the cost/success of the advertising, revising strategies and methods accordingly.
- 10-15 years marketing/communications senior leadership experience to include strategy, development, implementation. Strong fundraising leadership experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
- Ideal experience includes non-profit
- Basic multimedia background, ability to work within Adobe Creative Suite.
- Prior agency, media or nonprofit communication experience is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and polished presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the overall marketing mix and its role in helping a brand build awareness, familiarity, favorability and trust
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations. Have the ability to analyze measurement reports and make adjustments to ensure positive progress of our strategic communications campaigns across paid, earned and owned channel
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing methodologies, including online content strategy and development, multimedia and social media production and management, email communications, electronic database and content management, and web analytics.
- Help create measurement strategies given the measurement tools and methodologies available to us.
- Able to identify and recommend content generation campaigns that will help advance the business objectives
- Excellent writing ability with little to no editing need from senior staff. Edit and provide direction on writing work of other team members. Manage the writing and development of higher-level strategic documents, including messaging platforms and campaign plans.
Salary and Benefits
National CASA/GAL offers a competitive base salary plus benefits, generous paid leave, and work/life balance policies. This is a full-time exempt position.
Adaptability ◦ Collaboration ◦ Integrity ◦ Respect ◦ Quality ◦ Service ◦ Stewardship
National CASA/GAL is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with additional offices in Washington D.C. and Atlanta, GA, and is committed to an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. National CASA/GAL has been certified by the Standards for Excellence Institute for ethics and accountability in the nonprofit sector.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children
100 WEST HARRISON, NORTH TOWER, SUITE 500, SEATTLE, WA 98119
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER