September 18, 2023
Celebrating 25 new and expanded local CASA and GAL programs in 2023
The National CASA/GAL network has continued to experience remarkable growth throughout 2023, through the development and incorporation of new programs, and expansion of existing programs into new communities. As of September 1, 2023, the National CASA/GAL Board of Trustees has approved 25 new and expanded programs so far this year to become members of the National CASA/GAL Association.
Local CASA/GAL programs are integral to their home communities and courts as they recruit, screen, train and activate volunteers to work with children who have experienced abuse or neglect. CASA/GAL volunteers serve as best interest advocates to ensure that children are safe, have a permanent home and the opportunity to thrive.
National CASA/GAL CEO Tara Perry said, “We are delighted by the momentum our network has achieved this year. Collectively, these new and expanded programs represent the opportunity to serve more than 8,000 children who have not had the opportunity to experience the life-changing impact of a CASA or GAL volunteer. As we celebrate these exciting developments, we send our best wishes for ongoing success to our existing programs and extend heartfelt congratulations to all our new CASA/GAL member programs!”
The National CASA/GAL Association for Children program membership process guides state organizations and local programs as they execute their plans to increase the number of children served by a CASA/GAL volunteer.
The process is comprehensive and supportive and is initiated when a program membership application for a new or expanded local program is submitted, in partnership with the state organization. National CASA/GAL staff partners with the local and state leaders to develop the foundation of a successful local program. Once a strong foundation is established, the National CASA/GAL Board of Trustees grants and approves membership of the program. After the local program has been approved for membership, the local program enters into up to 12 months of intensive member support with the National CASA/GAL Association staff while also supported by their state organization. From the Program Membership Application to New Member Support, National CASA/GAL supports growth of high quality, sustainable programs to serve more children.
- CASA of Lowndes & Echols Counties (GA)| Rural
- CASA of Hinds County (MS) | Urban
- CASA of Tuscarawas & Harrison County (OH) | Rural
- CASA of Marathon County (WI) | Suburban
- CASA of Bristol County (MA) | Suburban
- CASA of the Gila River Indian Community Court (AZ) | Tribal
- CASA of Midwest Tennessee (TN) | Rural
- CASA of Milam County (TX) | Rural
- CASA of the River Region (AL) | Suburban
- CASA of Scioto and Adams County (OH) | Rural
- CASA Works (TN) | Rural
- CASA of Autauga and Chilton Counties (AL) | Suburban
- CASA of Southwest Missouri (MO) | Urban
- CASA of Southeastern Illinois (IL) | Rural
- CASA of Western Tennessee (TN) | Rural
- CASA of the Lincoln Trail (KY) | Rural
- CASA of Menominee/Marinette (MI) | Rural
- CASA of the Highland Rim (TN) | Rural
- CASA of the Heartland, Inc. (KY) | Rural
- CASA of North Mississippi (MS) | Rural
- Piedmont CASA (VA) | Urban
- CASA of the Harbor (MI) | Rural
- CASA of Ohio Valley (KY) | Rural
- Blue Ridge CASA for Children | (VA) | Rural
- CASA of Placer and Yuba Counties (CA) | Rural