Skip to main content

Contact Us

Question? Look here first.

Answers to many of the questions we receive can be found below. 

How can I become a volunteer?

Contact your local program! You can find them here.

When's the next training?

This is a question for your local program, which you can find here.

I've contacted my local program, but they haven't gotten back to me.

If it’s been at least three weeks since you contacted your program, you may follow up with us directly by using this form. Please include the county or city, and state, of the program you’ve been trying to connect with.

There doesn't seem to be a program near me.

If you can’t find a program that seems to serve your area, contact your state office or the program closest to you, and they may be able to direct you. 

If there is no program near you and you are interested in starting one, learn more here.

How can I find a job at a CASA/GAL program?

Paid positions with CASA and GAL programs are generally administrative in nature. You can search for jobs on your local programs’ websites, and some are also featured on this page, along with jobs at the national office. 

To volunteer, reach out to your local program.

Can I report child abuse or neglect to you?

No. The National CASA/GAL Association does not have the authority to investigate reports of maltreatment.

If you feel that children are in immediate danger, please contact your local authorities right away or call 911.

You can also make a report with the ChildHelp National Child Abuse hotline at 1-800-422-4453. For more information, see their website. The crisis counselors at ChildHelp will be able to answer questions about reporting abuse, even if you don’t want to make a report today.

How do I request a CASA/GAL advocate for a child who needs one?

If the child is currently in foster care or state custody, you can ask the judge overseeing the case if he or she would consider appointing a CASA/GAL advocate to their case, or have someone, such as legal counsel, ask on your behalf.

CASA/GAL volunteers do not choose which cases they are appointed to, and there are many more cases than available volunteers. The National CASA/GAL Association cannot appoint advocates.

If you need legal assistance, you can find out about low-cost or pro bono legal representation near you on the American Bar Association’s website:

Can a CASA/GAL program help in a custody case that does not involve abuse or neglect?

CASA/GAL volunteers can only advocate for children who are currently in foster care or otherwise under the supervision of a dependency court. We do not provide legal services in circumstances of divorce or similar custody cases. Learn more about our model here.

Some local programs may know of other resources in your area; search here to find contact information for your local program.

If you need legal assistance, you can find out about low-cost or pro bono legal representation near you by using the American Bar Association’s website:

More questions?

If you have a question not answered above, please contact us using our online form. Or, give us a call at (800) 628-3233. 

Send Us a Message