Location: Seattle, WA
The National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children fulfills society’s most fundamental obligation by making sure a qualified and compassionate adult will fight for and protect an abused or neglected child’s best interest. The mission of National CASA/GAL, together with its state and local members, is to support and promote court-appointed volunteer advocacy so that every abused or neglected child can be safe, establish permanence and have the opportunity to thrive. Today, only 40% of the abused or neglected children in the system have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer. The National CASA/GAL organization is committed to ensuring 100% of these children have access to a CASA/GAL volunteer.
Breaking New Ground
Starting in 2019, National CASA/GAL launched a multi-year campaign, “Change a Child’s Story”. The campaign is an integrated campaign designed to reach out to a wide range of constituent groups and was deployed across a wide spectrum of media. In addition to this campaign, National CASA/GAL has developed a new strategic framework that is informing and guiding our efforts through a major reorganization, development of a new business model, and a plan for the future direction of our organization, including the launching of a major capital campaign. The team that will drive these changes will be hands on leaders, critical thinkers and problem solvers, relationship builders, collaborative decision-makers, as well as effective communicators, and entrepreneurial and change leaders.
The Operations Officer oversees the internal and network standard operating procedures, support systems and processes, operations, and infrastructure and supports the Chief Operating Officer with day to day operations with direct responsibility and oversight of the three National CASA/GAL offices. Oversees member services, procurement and project administration, develops and oversees systems and processes and standard operation procedures that ensure effective and efficient support to the CASA/GAL Network. The Operations Officer’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational efficiencies, processes and procedures are managed effectively.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Chief Operating Officer, Director Membership, Director Program Data Quality and Accountability, Director of Grants Management, Director of Quality and Network Development Support and Director Training & Development Operations
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strategy and process for a system of management for organizational improvements which evaluates and improves the operational systems, processes and policies in support of building a more effective organization.
- Review, recommend and implement improvements for organizational wide workflow, processes and procedures.
- Develop and manage a business continuity planning for the organization.
- Oversee facility management of the Seattle, Atlanta and DC offices.
- Manages inventory and oversees procurement functions for the organization
- Is the primary contact with landlords for all offices and manages facilities in each office.
- Takes lead in tenant/landlord contract negotiations.
- Manages the procurement of all office furniture and equipment for all offices
- Establishes all operational policies and procedures
- Establish vendor relationship management strategy and provides guidance in regards to vendor contracts.
- Ensures the successful management of organizational projects
- Identify best practices and establish standards to ensure the safe keeping of organizational assets.
- Coordinate internal audits on key systems and processes. Present findings and make recommendations for improvements.
- In collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer develop and manage a risk management policy for the organization.
- Review, maintain and oversee organizational insurance needs and policies.
- Ensure safety and emergency protocol and policies are relevant and up to date.
- In partnership with the Chief Counsel, oversee all vendor, consultant and supplier contracts to ensure compliance with funding restrictions and fulfillment of obligations.
Network Administration and Support
- Ensures the proper execution of the membership process and membership renewal process
- Ensures logistics for Highly Effective Review process
- Manages logistics for other organizational projects
- Ensures the logistical and operational support for Training and Development
- Ensures the effective day to day support needed for network development team and operations supporting network programs.
- Ensures effective network data collection and reporting processes
- Manages all systems and processes that support services to the CASA/GAL Network
- Plays an active role in supporting and managing logistics for CASA/GAL conferences and large meetings.
Grants Management Administration:
- Manages all grants management and administration duties and responsibilities.
- Oversee the grant application and selection process, lead the administration of grant awards to state and local CASA/GAL programs, and ensure timely grant disbursements.
- Create the annual report on grant funds, outputs and outcomes.
- Facilitates the review and evaluation process for all grants.
- Works in partnership with Grants Financial Management Officer to ensure accurate and timely financial administration, oversight, and reporting.
Procurement /Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. MBA preferred with a concentration in Operations or Finance
- Five years direct experience with financial management and operations. Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing procurement process across the organization as well as contractor and vendor management oversight.
- Ensures contract management and budget adherence for all projects
- In partnership with Project Leaders, ensures that project management plans are developed and followed for each project.
- Develops project development and management protocols and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field require, MBA preferred
- Five years direct operations management/leadership experience including financial management. Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- Experience managing federal funding and overseeing a grants program preferred.
- Working knowledge of technology and software applications necessary to perform responsibilities of this position.
- Must be detail oriented with high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to report complex financial and technological information to all audiences.
- Willingness and proven ability to learn financial systems and leverage technology to achieve operational efficiency.
Salary and Benefits
National CASA/GAL offers a competitive salary, health and welfare benefits, and generous paid leave including vacation and sick leave. This is a full-time exempt position.
Adaptability ◦ Collaboration ◦ Integrity ◦ Respect ◦ Quality ◦ Service ◦ Stewardship
National CASA/GAL is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with additional offices in Washington D.C. and Atlanta, GA, and is committed to an inclusive and welcoming workplace environment. National CASA/GAL has been certified by the Standards for Excellence Institute for ethics and accountability in the nonprofit sector.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line of Operations Officer.
The National CASA/GAL Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
National Court Appointed Special Advocate/Guardian ad Litem (CASA/GAL) Association for Children
100 WEST HARRISON, NORTH TOWER, SUITE 500, SEATTLE, WA 98119